2010년 4월 9일 금요일

Yayyy:D


Something good happened this week!
The results for the National Mu Alpha Theta Log 1 competition (http://log1.wamath.net/index.php) came out!

I was on the after-school bus yesterday after cheerleading practice when my friend J, told me that she got an e-mail from Ms. Osborne that said the results for the competition was out. (Speaking of cheerleading, the pep rally went really well! All the stunts that I had to help out with went up:D) Hearing that, we immediately checked her e-mail with her i-phone and clicked on the results link Ms. Osborne provided us. We held our fingers crossed as we desperately wished that the page would load. FINALLY! The page loaded, and the results were right in front of us!

The first thing we saw were the school results. Our school had places second right after Thomas Jefferson High School (Funny, because I actually would have gone to that school if I hadn't come to KIS...)
We had a brief celebration on our school's second place accomplishment, but we immediately scrolled down to where the individual results were. We skipped the Mu division, Alpha division, and went down to the Theta division, which was the one we participated in.

Frankly, I hadn't expected to place. The tests were rather challenging, and I had given up in the middle of taking them because I had lost hope (I should NOT have done this, I should have tried my best!:D) But then as I scrolled down the list of names, I saw mine!

Yep, I placed 11th! I know that 11th place is not that big of an accomplishment, but I was still happy that I made it in the top 25 scorers:)
Even better, my friend J placed 15th, so we were both squealing on the bus. LOL

Though I was happy yesterday when I found out that I had placed, now I feel that I could have done better. The score difference between me and the person who placed 10th was very small, and I also remembered how I had literally given up in the middle of the test... If I had tried my best for the whole test, I might have scored higher and made it into the top 10... But, that's all happened in the past, and there's nothing I can do about it. There's always next year, and next year, I hope to place in the top 10!:D

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기