2010년 4월 9일 금요일

Sam Tsui, a Youtube Sensation

One of my favorite ways to pass time is watching Youtube videos, especially those related to music.
Covers, music videos, videos of orchestras and brands - I watch them all.:)

One day as I was embarking on my usual search for phenomenal musicians, I came across an AMAZING singer named Sam Tsui. I'm serious. He has the voice of an angel. A male angel I mean.

This is the first video I've seen him in.


It seems like there are seven different singers and one beatboxer in this video, but it's actually seven Sam Tsuis put together and his friend/producer Kurt Hugo Schneider! It's just unbelievable how one person was able to create such amazing harmony. (And the barely discernible "I want to have your baby!" in the beginning totally cracked me up LOL)

This is another one of my favorite covers by him.


I had already loved the song Fireflies, but this cover made me love it even more! I was also struck by his CRAZY voice range! He may even be able to hit higher notes than me. LOL

Not only does he make awesome a cappella covers, he also makes just regular covers with his friend Kurt.


I simply LOVE his voice in this cover!
I hope he makes more amazing covers AND original songs in the future!:D

댓글 6개:

  1. well.. i don't really like his voice but he's a great singer for sure!lol

    답글삭제
  2. Oh, I've seen the video that Sam Tsui sings "Replay"before! :) I simply thought that he was a good singer back then, but now that I listen to his other songs, I'm starting to like him too! lol

    답글삭제
  3. at arashiheart<3
    everyone has different opinions, so it's okay if you don't like his voice, but as you said, he sure is a great singer!:)

    답글삭제
  4. at schristinas13
    haha i guess that video is pretty famous!
    yep you should like him too, he's a great singer!:)

    답글삭제
  5. Sam Tsui and Kurt Schneider! Ahh!

    Jane told me about them just last week and, ever since then, I've fallen in love with their amazing work... they are such great musicians (and very smart people, too, in many ways!).

    I also watched all four episodes of the College Musical that they have produced, in conjunction with other musicians from their school (I think?). If you haven't had a chance to watch the series, it's a great production and you should definitely take some time to watch them! :)

    And, just to add on, Sam's duet with Allison Williams is also very, very good. Plus, Allison is so so beautiful! :P

    답글삭제
  6. I was actually planning on writing a post on these two musicians, too! (another add-on? haha)

    I will update my blog soon :)

    답글삭제