2010년 3월 3일 수요일

Smile:)


Being a human being, I often come across situations when I become depressed or feel hopeless.
Whether it be related to family, friends, school...
During those moments, I did nothing but let myself feel down and hopeless.
Actually, now that I think about it, I even blamed myself for those situations.

During the summer before my first high school year, I had lots of doubts.
"Will I do well in high school? What if I mess up?"
I never felt relieved but rather stressed though it was summer break.

Then one day (I think it was about two weeks before school started), I discovered an audiobook in my dad's iPod. The book was called The Secret. For some unknown reason, I began to listen to the audiobook everywhere I went. When I went to the grocery store, when I went shopping... So I ended up finishing the book in about two days. (a record time for me LOL, and it was an audiobook so that's probably why too)

Basically, the book tells you that your thoughts shape who you are, so you should keep your thoughts positive and focus on the things you want. You shouldn't dwell on negative things about yourself because it will only bring about MORE negative things, but rather focus on the things you want because then it will come to you!:)

So I decided to try it out. I smiled everywhere I went, (well maybe except the times when I am sleepy LOL), I tried to stay positive no matter what happened, and most importantly, I believed in myself. For example, when I had a World History exam the next day, rather than writing "I AM SCREWED or WHAT AM I GOING TO DO" on my msn, I wrote positive messages such as "It's going to be fine:)" or in extreme cases, "I am going to write a FABULOUS essay tomorrow" LOL. Even now, though I am a bit worried about BEIMUN, I just wrote on my msn message, "i can do it, i can do it, i can do it :)"

Though some people have actually told me that my method of controlling myself is a little... well... weird, I know for a fact that it actually works! Whenever, I see my msn message, I feel much better and tend to perform better. Moreover, there is probably that stuff going on with the power of the universe that was mentioned in The Secret.

Now I've noticed these days that everyone is very stressed. In fact, a majority of students' msn messages or facebook statuses say "i wanna get out of this place", "ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ (the emoticon for crying), "i am screwed," or something along those lines. And I can just imagine the looks on their faces.

But I want to tell them, "SMILE!" I know for a fact that they'll feel much better that way, and worrying will do nothing to alleviate the situation. So why worry and stress when you can smile your way out of it?


댓글 3개:

  1. Of course I will make it into Varsity! Haha jkjk.

    Thanks, at least as a bench-bench warmer, that was the only thing I could do...

    답글삭제
  2. this was such a cute post! :D
    Yes, I remember the days when you wrote positive messages on your msn pm! :)
    I understand that a lot of people are stressed out about beimun these days.. but it's only 6 days ahead!! i can't wait to go.. let's have fun in beijing! :)

    답글삭제
  3. Thanks Jane!
    I think everyone should think positively so that they can perform EVEN better!
    Yes... BEIMUN... 6 days, wowwwww...
    yep let's eat a lot of good food in beijing!

    답글삭제