2010년 2월 19일 금요일

I'm disappointed...

Today’s Monday.... Again. Regardless of the numerous times I’ve experienced it, I’ve never gotten used to the encroaching sense of dread I get on Sunday nights. But on the other hand, there is always that excitement and wonder about what will be waiting for me on the breakfast table tomorrow:) I fell asleep yesterday night debating over what I should eat for breakfast. Donuts or yogurt and fruit? I fell asleep before I made my decision, and I woke up this morning to the sound of my dog Winkie wimpering for his breakfast. I woke up and gave Winkie his dog food and opened the fridge. Hmmm... I wonder how Winkie manages to eat that food... I’ve never tasted it, but it doesn’t smell very appetizing to me! Anyways, I decided to have some strawberry yogurt AND the pink heart donut I got yesterday from Dunkin Donuts. It’s my favorite donut at the shop because not only is it heart-shaped, but it also contains two fillings: custard and strawberry jam! I took a bite. Funny, there was no filling. I took another bite. No filling again. Not until I bit into the center of the donut did I taste the strawberry jam and custard. I took another bite, happy that I finally found the jam and custard. But then there was no more jam or custard!!!!!!! There was only a bite worth of filling in the whole donut! I felt like I’ve been scammed. I still feel that way. I’ve noticed recently that Dunkin Donuts in Korea tend to “conserve” their fillings. They put a teaspoon worth of filling inside a donut and call it a “filled” donut. I don’t see their purpose behind it. Even if they were saving some money by conserving their fillings, they would lose even more because of the loss of customers due to their frugal ways. Dunkin Donuts in America and Japan were different. They were generous with their fillings as all donut shops should be. This is my last straw. I’m never going to Dunkin Donuts again. At least not until they agree to put more filling in their donuts. Krispy Kreme has better donuts anyway. Winkie, Home. Personal photograph by author. 2010. Sweet Dual Heart. Digital image. Dunkindonuts.co.kr. Dunkindonuts.co.kr. Web. <http://www.dunkindonuts.co.kr/product/donuts.html>

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기